WATE 6 On Your Side staff - KNOXVILLE (WATE) -- A Knoxville organization hopes to raise money for East Tennessee girls through a fashion show.
Girl Talk is a youth development program that strives to help girls become confident, strong and self-sufficient. The organization provides activities and mentors.
The Fashion Show Gala will be August 11 at 6 p.m. at the Knoxville Convention Center.
Knoxville Mayor Madeline Rogero will receive the She-Pro Award for her work in the community and becoming the city's first female mayor.
WATE 6 On Your Side Anchor Tearsa Smith will be the emcee for the event.
Besides a fashion show, there will also be dinner, dancing, music, a cocktail hour and a silent auction.
For more information, visit Girl Talk's website.
- Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Survey: New York manufacturers grows at slightly slower pace
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle to marry May 19 on FA Cup day
- Eminem to host pop-up with 'mom's spaghetti' on the menu
- California issues 1st licenses for legal pot market