WATE 6 On Your Side - TELLICO PLAINS, Tenn. (WATE) -- The Tennessee Highway Patrol reports a man was killed Sunday in a motorcycle crash.
According to a THP report, a Yamaha motorcycle, driven by Alexander Balmat, crossed over the yellow line on Unicoi Turnpike around 3:30 p.m. and crashed head on into a Harley Davidson motorcycle driven by David Boring, who was traveling in the opposite direction.
Boring, 59, of Maryville, was killed in the crash. Balmat, 29, of Erwin, North Carolina was injured. His current condition is unknown.
Investigators do not know if drugs or alcohol were a factor in the crash. Both drivers were wearing helmets.
An investigation into the incident remains ongoing.
Journalist among over 2 dozen killed in
Mnuchin expresses optimism trade
- Vols fans happy with Orange and White game
- Harriman Police Chief resigns from position
- Pet peacocks cause problems between Lenoir City neighbors
- Knoxville gun rights avocates oppose students' demands on gun control
- Students across Knox County call for change on National Walkout Day
- Navigating the Pigeon Forge Rod Run
- Tractor trailer spills load, closes I-75 lanes in Campbell County
- Tennessee House passes bill for monument to unborn
- 7 Tennessee counties to have industrial sites evaluated
- Corker says he 'doubts' Trump will run for re-election in 2020
- Tennessee passes bill to impose work requirements
- WATCH: 7-year-old dragged off Tennessee school bus by his foot
- State lawmakers pass bill to hold students, teachers harmless from TNReady results
- Missing Memphis girl found safe in New Mexico, father to face charges
A non-profit called Appalachian Wildlife Foundation is finding a new purpose for an old coal mine in Kentucky. The organization plans to open a huge attraction there in 2020.Read More »