KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) - It's First Friday and that means there's a variety of music, art and other community events to partake in throughout Knoxville.
Theatre Knoxville Downtown has been presenting the production written by John Cariani since February 22 and will wrap showings this weekend. Tickets are $15.
ArtXtravaganza Art Show and Sale
In it's 18th consecutive year, the event put on by Webb School of Knoxville is free and open to the public with proceeds funding Webb's Artist-In-Residence Program as well as the school's visual and performing arts. It will be held at Webb School's Lee Athletic Center.
The Wizard of Oz- The Spectacular New National Tour
The iconic play tour stops at the Tennessee Theatre this weekend for 5 shows. Tickets range from $44-$84.
Dogs Night Out
Billed as a 'night out on the town' for your dogs. Bring your dog to Mast General Store for an evening of pet-friendly businesses and partners.
The frontman of the locally-founded band, Shimmy & the Burns, Paddock will play a free show at the Troubadour Roadhouse and Performance Hall as he works on preproduction for a solo studio record.
First Friday ArtWalk
Another First Friday event in downtown Knoxville, follow the ArtWalk flags that denote participating locations to explore art, live music and food and drink throughout downtown.
Foothills Craft Guild Artisan Market
This free First Friday Event takes place at Jackson Terminal and will showcase many talented artisans and craftspeople.
Mardi Growl Cajun Crawl
The 11th annual Parade and Festival raises awareness for the life-saving efforts of Young-Williams Animal Center that provides services for nearly 10,000 animals. It will conclude with a pet party on Market Square.
TCDE 37th Season Opener Concert
The Tennessee Children's Dance Ensemble opens their performance season with a Friday performance at 8 p.m. and two shows on Saturday at 2:30 and 8 p.m. Tickets are $26 for adults and $13 for children and students.
Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon Training Run
Beginning at 8 a.m. at runners market, this program is geared towards runners of all distances and promotes the safety and comfort of running with a group of people.
SoKno Taco Scavenger Hunt Bike Ride
To celebrate their one-year anniversary, SoKno Taco will host a scavenger hunt bike ride at 1 p.m. For the $15 dollar entry fee you will also receive food and other merchandise. It will begin and end at SoKno Taco Cantina on Sevierville Pike.
The Harlem Globetrotters
The Hall of Fame-inducted basketball team have wowed audiences around the world for decades and bring their brand of entertaining basketball to Thompson-Boling Arena. Tickets range from $23-$123.
Glow for Galactosemia
This 5k/10k race held at Tyson Park features a spacey aesthetic and raises awareness and funds for the Galactosemia Foundation research. Entry fees are up to $35.
Tequila and tacos aplenty at 4th...
What you need to know about this weekend
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Halls parents disappointed after mock crash canceled
- 19-story development proposed for downtown Knoxville
- Gatlinburg church reopens this weekend after wildfires
- Cirque du Soleil's 'Corteo' inspires Knoxville students' artwork
- Knox County students plan to take part in National Walkout Day
- Mom concerned about West Knoxville park structure
- Knoxville restaurant records lowest health grade of 2018
- 7 Tennessee counties to have industrial sites evaluated
- Corker: 'Definitely not sure' if Trump will seek re-election in 2020
- Tennessee passes bill to impose work requirements
- WATCH: 7-year-old dragged off Tennessee school bus by his foot
- State lawmakers pass bill to hold students, teachers harmless from TNReady results
- Missing Memphis girl found safe in New Mexico, father to face charges
- What you need to know about this weekend's Orange and White game
A non-profit called Appalachian Wildlife Foundation is finding a new purpose for an old coal mine in Kentucky. The organization plans to open a huge attraction there in 2020.Read More »