WATE 6 On Your Side Staff - KNOXVILLE (WATE) - The National Foundation of Women Legislators and the Alice Paul Foundation is hosting a free public showing of "Iron Jawed Angels" in honor of Women's History Month.
The showing starts at 6:00 p.m. in the auditorium of the Knox County Health Department, 150 Dameron Avenue in North Knoxville. A question and answer panel of experts on women's history and local women leaders will follow.
"Iron Jawed Angels" is a Golden Globe winning film starring Hilary Swank, Anjelica Huston, Margo Martindale, Adilah Barnes and Julia Ormond.
It follows the story of Alice Paul and the Women's Suffrage Movement.
"This is a truly outstanding movie, well-written and well-acted, and I'm delighted to have the opportunity to share it with the public free of charge," said Knox County Commissioner Anne Broyles.
The National Foundation of Women Legislators said they are trying to weave the story of Alice Paul and the fight for suffrage into the lives of young women around the country.
- Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Steve Stricker, Sean O'Hair team to win QBE Shootout
- Philadelphia Eagles without tight end Zach Ertz against Rams
- Man City wins derby, EPL title race turning into procession
- Ridge expects to leave Texas medical center before Christmas