WATE 6 On Your Side staff - KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) -- Country singer Kelsea Ballerini released a new single at midnight.
"High School" is the first song the Knoxville-native has written by herself in the last two years. The song appears on her sophomore album "Unapologetically," which is out Nov. 3.
In an interview with Time, she says the song is about going back to your hometown and realizing that while you may have changed, other things are still the same.
"Part of that was really bitter, and part of that was really sweet," said Ballerini to Time. "I think it was just one of those songs where I realized that I'd changed a lot."
Ballerini is nominated for the Country Music Awards' Female Vocalist of the Year. The show will air Nov. 8 on WATE 6 On Your Side.
Hungary: Anti-government rally focuses
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Knoxville gun rights avocates oppose students' demands on gun control
- Students across Knox County call for change on National Walkout Day
- Navigating the Pigeon Forge Rod Run
- Tractor trailer spills load, closes I-75 lanes in Campbell County
- Pet of the Week: Luna
- Alabama man extradited in Blount County man's homicide
- Codestock opens 11th year
- Tennessee House passes bill for monument to unborn
- 7 Tennessee counties to have industrial sites evaluated
- Corker says he 'doubts' Trump will run for re-election in 2020
- Tennessee passes bill to impose work requirements
- WATCH: 7-year-old dragged off Tennessee school bus by his foot
- State lawmakers pass bill to hold students, teachers harmless from TNReady results
- Missing Memphis girl found safe in New Mexico, father to face charges
A non-profit called Appalachian Wildlife Foundation is finding a new purpose for an old coal mine in Kentucky. The organization plans to open a huge attraction there in 2020.Read More »