WATE 6 On Your Side - KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) -- Knoxville Police Department is investigating a fatal shooting that happened in Montgomery Village late Friday night.
The call came in around midnight.
When officers arrived on the scene they discovered a male victim, later identified as Desmond Dale, lying in the yard deceased from a gunshot wound.
A suspect, identified as Curtis Lane, Jr., was located and arrested a short time later and was charged with one count of first-degree murder.
Investigators were at the scene on Daylily Drive for hours piecing together what happened.
Curtis Lane is expected in court for a preliminary hearing on Monday, September 18.
WATE 6 On Your Side reached out to Knoxville Police to learn more information. They are expected to release details once the investigation has concluded.This is a breaking news story. For the latest on Breaking News, traffic, weather and more download the WATE 6 On Your Side News app.
- Vols fans happy with Orange and White game
- Harriman Police Chief resigns from position
- Pet peacocks cause problems between Lenoir City neighbors
- Knoxville gun rights avocates oppose students' demands on gun control
- Students across Knox County call for change on National Walkout Day
- Navigating the Pigeon Forge Rod Run
- Tractor trailer spills load, closes I-75 lanes in Campbell County
- Tennessee House passes bill for monument to unborn
- 7 Tennessee counties to have industrial sites evaluated
- Corker says he 'doubts' Trump will run for re-election in 2020
- Tennessee passes bill to impose work requirements
- WATCH: 7-year-old dragged off Tennessee school bus by his foot
- State lawmakers pass bill to hold students, teachers harmless from TNReady results
- Missing Memphis girl found safe in New Mexico, father to face charges
A non-profit called Appalachian Wildlife Foundation is finding a new purpose for an old coal mine in Kentucky. The organization plans to open a huge attraction there in 2020.Read More »