GATLINBURG, Tenn. (WATE) - After many Smoky Mountain National Parks roads and trails were finally opened for the spring season, a frequently-used thoroughfare is once again closed due to inclement winter weather.
Clingmans Dome Road is closed due to ice and snow, according to a tweet from the park's road information Twitter.
US Hwy 441/Newfound Gap Rd from Gatlinburg,TN to Cherokee,NC is open. Watch for Ice/snow. Clingmans Dome Road is closed due to ice/snow.— Smokies Road Info (@SmokiesRoadsNPS) April 17, 2018
US Highway 441/ Newfound Gap Road from Gatlinburg, Tenn to Cherokee, NC is open. A paving project on Laurel Creek, Townsend Entrance and Tremont Roads will continue to cause single-lane closures and traffic delays on weekdays through June 15.
- Vols fans happy with Orange and White game
- Harriman Police Chief resigns from position
- Pet peacocks cause problems between Lenoir City neighbors
- Knoxville gun rights avocates oppose students' demands on gun control
- Students across Knox County call for change on National Walkout Day
- Navigating the Pigeon Forge Rod Run
- Tractor trailer spills load, closes I-75 lanes in Campbell County
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- 4 dead, 4 wounded in Antioch Waffle House shooting
- TBI releases crime report, shows crime up in 2017
- Tennessee House passes bill for monument to unborn
- 7 Tennessee counties to have industrial sites evaluated
- Corker says he 'doubts' Trump will run for re-election in 2020
- Tennessee passes bill to impose work requirements
- WATCH: 7-year-old dragged off Tennessee school bus by his foot
A non-profit called Appalachian Wildlife Foundation is finding a new purpose for an old coal mine in Kentucky. The organization plans to open a huge attraction there in 2020.Read More »