KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) - New Year's Eve falls on a Sunday this year, so don't miss your chance to celebrate the end of 2017 and the arrival of 2018.
Here's a list of some East Tennessee happenings on New Year's Eve 2017:
- New Years Eve on the Square: The Bicho Brothers will perform at 10 p.m. on Market Square, followed by the ball drop at midnight
- New Year's Eve in the Old City: 7 p.m. - 2 a.m. Tickets available by clicking here.
- Gatlinburg New Year's Eve Ball Drop & Fireworks Show: Historic Nature Trail, Gatlinburg
- New Year's Eve with Raelynn: The Island in Pigeon Forge. 8 p.m. - 1 a.m. Music starts at 11 p.m. No tickets are required.
- New Year’s Eve Candlelight Service with The Nelons: Knoxville Christian Center. 7 p.m. - midnight. $5 donation.
- New Year's Eve at Wild Wing's Cafe: Wild Wing's Cafe - Turkey Creek. $10 tickets. 8 p.m.
- New Year's Eve at the Pink Marble Speak Easy: Candoro Arts & Heritage Center. Tickets are $75. 8 p.m.
- Casino Night at The Venue: A New Year's Celebration: The Venue at Lenoir City. Tickets are $60. 8 p.m.
- New Year's Eve with The Black Lillies: The Bijou Theatre. Tickets are $36.50. 8 p.m.
- New Year's Eve at the International: The International. Tickets start at $5. 8:30 p.m.
- New Year's Eve Gatsby Gala Celebrating Blount County Habitat for Humanity's 25th Anniversary: Royal Oaks Event Center. Tickets are $75. 9 p.m.
When a gunman opened fire with an AR-15 at a large high school in south Florida, the 17 dead included students and school workers, young and old. Here is a look at those who lost their lives in the massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School:Read More »