Local News

Family who escaped Heiskell fire: 'God woke us up'

HEISKELL, Tenn. (WATE) - Firefighters fought a house fire on Depot Road in Heiskell just after midnight Friday.

When crews arrived at the home in the 9500 block of Depot Road, they found a fire that extended from the back porch to the attic of the home. 

The home's residents told firefighters "God woke them up" and when they looked outside they saw the back porch on fire, according to Rural Metro Fire's Jeff Bagwell.

Firefighters were able to keep the blaze out of the first floor.

Bagwell said smoke detectors in the home were working.

Local News


Trending Stories

Latest Local News

Video Center