KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) - The FBI is searching for a man who robbed an East Knox County bank on Monday afternoon.
Agents say around 12:20 p.m., the suspect handed a note to the teller at SunTrust Bank, 244 Andrew Johnson Highway. After obtaining the cash, he ran off.
He is described as a white male around 5-feet-6 with a small build. He was wearing sunglasses, a fake beard and a hoodie.
Anyone with information should call the Knoxville FBI office at (865) 544-0751 or the Knox County Sheriff's Office at (865) 215-2243.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Halls parents disappointed after mock crash canceled
- 19-story development proposed for downtown Knoxville
- Gatlinburg church reopens this weekend after wildfires
- Cirque du Soleil's 'Corteo' inspires Knoxville students' artwork
- Knox County students plan to take part in National Walkout Day
- Mom concerned about West Knoxville park structure
- Knoxville restaurant records lowest health grade of 2018
- 7 Tennessee counties to have industrial sites evaluated
- Corker: 'Definitely not sure' if Trump will seek re-election in 2020
- Tennessee passes bill to impose work requirements
- WATCH: 7-year-old dragged off Tennessee school bus by his foot
- State lawmakers pass bill to hold students, teachers harmless from TNReady results
- Missing Memphis girl found safe in New Mexico, father to face charges
- What you need to know about this weekend's Orange and White game
A non-profit called Appalachian Wildlife Foundation is finding a new purpose for an old coal mine in Kentucky. The organization plans to open a huge attraction there in 2020.Read More »