KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) - Knoxville city leaders gathered Thursday to mark the transition of a Knoxville event venue to the World's Fair Exhibition Hall
The space underneath the Holiday Inn in downtown Knoxville, formerly known as the Knoxville Convention and Exhibition Center, is undergoing $2 million in updates, including a new logo and branding.
The renovated events center will host events and handle overflow from the nearby Knoxville Convention Center.
- Gatlinburg church reopens this weekend after wildfires
- Cirque du Soleil's 'Corteo' inspires Knoxville students' artwork
- Knox County students plan to take part in National Walkout Day
- Mom concerned about West Knoxville park structure
- Knoxville restaurant records lowest health grade of 2018
- Study finds My People Fund improved lives of wildfire survivors
- 2 men charged with stealing thousands from UT fraternity
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Corker: 'Definitely not sure' if Trump will seek re-election in 2020
- WATCH: 7-year-old dragged off Tennessee school bus by his foot
- State lawmakers pass bill to hold students, teachers harmless from TNReady results
- Missing Memphis girl found safe in New Mexico, father to face charges
- What you need to know about this weekend's Orange and White game
- Forsberg, Rinne help Predators beat Avalanche 3-2 in Game 4
- Forest Service plans controlled burn in Cherokee Forest
A non-profit called Appalachian Wildlife Foundation is finding a new purpose for an old coal mine in Kentucky. The organization plans to open a huge attraction there in 2020.Read More »