KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) - Two employees were placed on leave at L&N STEM Academy.
Knox County Schools Superintendent Bob Thomas sent an email to families saying Principal Becky Ashe and Vice Principal Tim Childers were placed on leave.
The email did not give a reason for the decision. WATE 6 On Your Side was told the school district is conducting an investigation.
The Knoxville Police Department said it is also aware of an ongoing investigation.
Laura Boring assumed administrative duties Monday.
Thomas says Boring has served as an assistant principal, principal and central office supervisor for Knox County.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Knoxville gun rights avocates oppose students' demands on gun control
- Students across Knox County call for change on National Walkout Day
- Navigating the Pigeon Forge Rod Run
- Tractor trailer spills load, closes I-75 lanes in Campbell County
- Pet of the Week: Luna
- Alabama man extradited in Blount County man's homicide
- Codestock opens 11th year
- Tennessee House passes bill for monument to unborn
- 7 Tennessee counties to have industrial sites evaluated
- Corker says he 'doubts' Trump will run for re-election in 2020
- Tennessee passes bill to impose work requirements
- WATCH: 7-year-old dragged off Tennessee school bus by his foot
- State lawmakers pass bill to hold students, teachers harmless from TNReady results
- Missing Memphis girl found safe in New Mexico, father to face charges
A non-profit called Appalachian Wildlife Foundation is finding a new purpose for an old coal mine in Kentucky. The organization plans to open a huge attraction there in 2020.Read More »