KNOXVILLE (WATE) - A woman died from a gunshot wound after arriving at a Knoxville hospital Monday and police have located a person of interest.
The Knoxville Police Department says a report was made of a woman being taken to East Tennessee Children's Hospital around 1 a.m.
Kayla Viars of Loudon, was dropped off in the lobby by an unknown man. The 27-year-old had at least one gunshot wound and died shortly after her arrival.
The shooting did not happen at the hospital.
Police said they were looking for Dominic Michael Brown, 27, who also goes by "True Story." He is around 6-feet-3 and 160 pounds. He may have ties to Monroe, Meigs or Loudon County. He currently has no outstanding charges.
He was located Wednesday afternoon.
Anyone with information on the case should contact KPD at 865-215-7000.
- After months of help, Little Ponderosa Zoo gives back to community
- Vols fans happy with Orange and White game
- Harriman Police Chief resigns from position
- Pet peacocks cause problems between Lenoir City neighbors
- Knoxville gun rights avocates oppose students' demands on gun control
- Students across Knox County call for change on National Walkout Day
- Navigating the Pigeon Forge Rod Run
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- 4 dead, several wounded in Antioch Waffle House shooting
- Dozens gather for rally in support of medical marijuana in Tennessee
- Man identified in officer involved shooting in Memphis
- TBI releases crime report, shows crime up in 2017
- Tennessee House passes bill for monument to unborn
- 7 Tennessee counties to have industrial sites evaluated
- Corker says he 'doubts' Trump will run for re-election in 2020
A non-profit called Appalachian Wildlife Foundation is finding a new purpose for an old coal mine in Kentucky. The organization plans to open a huge attraction there in 2020.Read More »