KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) - A Knoxville chain restaurant known for its appearance on ABC's Shark Tank is closing its doors after three years of operation.
Tom+Chee, a sandwich and soup restaurant based out of Cincinnati, on Cedar Bluff Road announced Thursday on their Facebook page they would be closing permanently and thanked the community for their support.
After appearing on the business investment drama, "Shark Tank", Tom+Chee appeared on ABC's "The Chew" and Travel Channel's "Man vs Food Nation". Their grilled cheese donut was named one of America's best new sandwiches by the Today Show. The 2013 Brand Innovators Made in America Summit named Tom+Chee one of “25 Brands to Watch.”
Tom+Chee has 19 locations in 14 states nationwide. There is one other store in Tennessee located in Nashville.
- Knox County students plan to take part in National Walkout Day
- Mom concerned about West Knoxville park structure
- Knoxville restaurant records lowest health grade of 2018
- Study finds My People Fund improved lives of wildfire survivors
- 2 men charged with stealing thousands from UT fraternity
- Construction set to begin on new building at Little Ponderosa Zoo
- Sevier County sheriff seeking missing 15-year-old boy
- WATCH: 7-year-old dragged off Tennessee school bus by his foot
- State lawmakers pass bill to hold students, teachers harmless from TNReady results
- Missing Memphis girl found safe in New Mexico, father to face charges
- What you need to know about this weekend's Orange and White game
- Forsberg, Rinne help Predators beat Avalanche 3-2 in Game 4
- Forest Service plans controlled burn in Cherokee Forest
- Top GOP candidates for governor debate arming teachers, state spending and more
A non-profit called Appalachian Wildlife Foundation is finding a new purpose for an old coal mine in Kentucky. The organization plans to open a huge attraction there in 2020.Read More »