WATE 6 On Your Side Staff - MARYVILLE (WATE) - Maryville police say the man accused of causing a traffic crash last month that resulted in the death of a mother of six children is now in custody.
The Maryville Police Department says Edward Stephenson, 29. was driving a vehicle on November 2 at 5:05 p.m. that was involved in a crash on Robert C. Jackson Drive at Percheron Street. Officers say Stephenson was intoxicated at the time.
A mother of six children died in the crash. The police department did not release her name.
Stephenson is wanted on charges of vehicular homicide, aggravated vehicular assault, driving under the influence and driving on a revoked driver's license. He is described as a white male standing 5-foot-11 with brown hair and hazel eyes.
Anyone with information should call the Maryville Police Department at (865) 273-3700.
- Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- VIRAL VIDEO: Jefferson County preschoolers brawl over Baby Jesus at church pageant
- Marshal: No inspection request before fatal California blaze
- Trump thanks Putin for remarks on strong US economy
- California issues 1st licenses for its legal pot market