ANDERSONVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) - Rural Metro Fire Department had to respond quickly early this morning when a request came from Anderson County for a mobile home fire.
The fire broke out at an Andersonville mobile home community just after 1 a.m. Thursday. Rural Metro Fire responded to a structure fire report from Andersonville Volunteer Fire Department and arrived within 10 minutes of being requested to assist Anderson County Fire and Andersonville VFD.
"It is always good to be able to provide mutual aid to our neighboring departments as they would for us if we were in need," said Captain Jeff Bagwell of Rural Metro Fire.
Four trailers connected by hallways were damaged in the fire. No one was at home at the time of the fire. Five dogs and a cat that were living in one of the structures were rescued and are safe.
- Gatlinburg church reopens this weekend after wildfires
- Cirque du Soleil's 'Corteo' inspires Knoxville students' artwork
- Knox County students plan to take part in National Walkout Day
- Mom concerned about West Knoxville park structure
- Knoxville restaurant records lowest health grade of 2018
- Study finds My People Fund improved lives of wildfire survivors
- 2 men charged with stealing thousands from UT fraternity
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Corker: 'Definitely not sure' if Trump will seek re-election in 2020
- WATCH: 7-year-old dragged off Tennessee school bus by his foot
- State lawmakers pass bill to hold students, teachers harmless from TNReady results
- Missing Memphis girl found safe in New Mexico, father to face charges
- What you need to know about this weekend's Orange and White game
- Forsberg, Rinne help Predators beat Avalanche 3-2 in Game 4
- Forest Service plans controlled burn in Cherokee Forest
A non-profit called Appalachian Wildlife Foundation is finding a new purpose for an old coal mine in Kentucky. The organization plans to open a huge attraction there in 2020.Read More »