KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) - A new bar opens in west Knoxville on Tuesday night -- with a retro twist.
Token Game Tavern is located in the same shopping center as Big Lots and the dollar theater.
In addition to beer and good food, you can also find old retro arcade games, pinball and new group games.
The owners wanted to mix things up in the world of sports bars and go back to what they call a "better time."
"Instead of sports on TVs all the time, we have games on tvs and gaming consoles," said Courtney Barry, the owner of the bar. "[We want] somewhere people can go and just remember what it was like to be in the '80s."
The bar is open from 11 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. seven days a week.
- Watchdog group wants new TVA audit
- Online pet scams are on the rise
- No injuries, several pets missing in South Knox County house fire
- Knoxville police search for shooting, carjacking suspect
- Clinton officer cleared of wrongdoing in deadly shooting of suspect
- Vonore woman arrested in Blount County after chase in stolen vehicle
- Red Cross seeks volunteers for Sound the Alarm event in Knoxville
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Gatlinburg presents Earth Week in the Smokies
- Who is accused Waffle House shooter Travis Reinking?
- Waffle House suspect still being sought; residents on alert
- Mummy won't be on display when new Tennessee museum opens
- Predators brace for physical series vs Jets in 2nd round
- Predators beat Avs 5-0 in Game 6 to win first-round series
- Tenn. Waffle House shooting hero James Shaw, Jr: 'I just knew it was me or him'
A non-profit called Appalachian Wildlife Foundation is finding a new purpose for an old coal mine in Kentucky. The organization plans to open a huge attraction there in 2020.Read More »