KNOXVILLE (WATE) - One person is dead after a three-vehicle crash Saturday morning on Chapman Highway, according to Knoxville Police.
The accident happened at 11:23 on the 6300 block of Chapman Highway.
According to a release, one of the three vehicles involved was a motorcycle. The motorcycle was northbound on Chapman Highway in the left lane. The motorcycle crossed over into the southbound lane and struck another vehicle head on.
The driver of the motorcycle died from his injuries.
KPD is investigating the cause of the accident. The name of the victim has not been released at this time.
KPD is asking anyone who witnessed the crash to call the Traffic Services Unit at (865) 215-8638.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Beware misleading internet advertisements
- Knoxville woman searches for dogs stolen from her truck
- Former first lady Barbara Bush remembered in Knoxville
- Deadly Fountain City house fire ruled accidental
- Former superintendent charged with stealing $300K from Rogersville Water Department
- 911 caller charged with shooting at Tazewell police officer
- Oneida motel shut down after more than 250 police calls in less than a year
- Tenn. National Guard Airman takes reenlistment oath using dinosaur hand puppet
- 3 GOP candidates for Tennessee governor face off in debate
- State board of education calls for TBI investigation
- Knoxville Police chief applies to be new TBI director
- Southwest flight returns to Nashville after bird strike
- Tennessee man charged with murder in opioid overdose
- Where do candidates stand on key issues?
A non-profit called Appalachian Wildlife Foundation is finding a new purpose for an old coal mine in Kentucky. The organization plans to open a huge attraction there in 2020.Read More »