Walland man died of smoke inhalation in house fire

WATE 6 On Your Side Staff - WALLAND (WATE) - The Blount County Sheriff's Office says a man killed in a house fire last week in Walland died of smoke inhalation and the fire was electrical in nature.

Firefighters were called to a home on East Old Millers Cove Road on Friday afternoon. Firefighters had to enter the house to reach James White, 93, who had collapsed inside after the fire started. Crews were able to pull him to safety, but he died as a result of his injuries.

His wife Margie White, 89, was taken to Blount Memorial Hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation.

Deputies said Monday preliminary autopsy results showed James White died of smoke inhalation. They said the cause of the fire was electrical and started at an electrical outlet in the laundry room and a fuse box.

Previous story: Man, 93, killed in Blount County house fire; wife injured

More Stories

Meet the Team

Don't Miss

Latest Local News

Video Center