WATE 6 On Your Side staff - POWELL, Tenn. (WATE) -- One lucky person purchased a winning Powerball ticket worth $50,000 in Knox County.
There were 9,9916 winning tickets in Tennessee Wednesday night.
The winner of the $50,000 matched four white numbers and the red Powerball.
- Police investigating armed robbery at local Hardee's
- Knoxville runner finishes soggy Boston Marathon
- Beware misleading internet advertisements
- Knoxville woman searches for dogs stolen from her truck
- Former first lady Barbara Bush remembered in Knoxville
- Victim identified in deadly Fountain City house fire
- Former superintendent charged with stealing $300K from Rogersville Water Department
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Forest Service plans controlled burn in Cherokee Forest
- Top GOP candidates for governor debate arming teachers, state spending and more
- Tenn. National Guard Airman takes reenlistment oath using dinosaur hand puppet
- 3 GOP candidates for Tennessee governor face off in debate
- Car smoking ban bill fails in Tennessee Senate
- State board of education calls for TBI investigation
- Knoxville Police chief applies to be new TBI director
A non-profit called Appalachian Wildlife Foundation is finding a new purpose for an old coal mine in Kentucky. The organization plans to open a huge attraction there in 2020.Read More »