The Associated Press - LOS ANGELES (AP) – Los Angeles police have arrested a man after a rapper was shot and wounded outside a landmark Hollywood hotel.
Officer Irma Mota says Wednesday Corey McClendon was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder in connection with the shooting of rapper Young Dolph.
The rapper was critically injured. His real name is Adolph Thornton Jr.
Mota says the 43-year-old McClendon, of Memphis, Tennessee was detained by police shortly after the shooting.
A law enforcement official told The Associated Press Tuesday that detectives were investigating whether the shooting is connected to a rivalry with another hip-hop artist. The official spoke to AP on condition of anonymity in order to discuss an ongoing investigation.
Three people were arrested after shooting at Young Dolph's SUV in North Carolina in February.Related: Tennessee rapper shot outside of landmark Hollywood hotel
- Gatlinburg church reopens this weekend after wildfires
- Cirque du Soleil's 'Corteo' inspires Knoxville students' artwork
- Knox County students plan to take part in National Walkout Day
- Mom concerned about West Knoxville park structure
- Knoxville restaurant records lowest health grade of 2018
- Study finds My People Fund improved lives of wildfire survivors
- 2 men charged with stealing thousands from UT fraternity
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Tennessee passes bill to impose work requirements
- WATCH: 7-year-old dragged off Tennessee school bus by his foot
- State lawmakers pass bill to hold students, teachers harmless from TNReady results
- Missing Memphis girl found safe in New Mexico, father to face charges
- What you need to know about this weekend's Orange and White game
- Forsberg, Rinne help Predators beat Avalanche 3-2 in Game 4
- Forest Service plans controlled burn in Cherokee Forest
A non-profit called Appalachian Wildlife Foundation is finding a new purpose for an old coal mine in Kentucky. The organization plans to open a huge attraction there in 2020.Read More »