KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) - Be sure to follow the WATE 6 On Your Side Storm Team for the latest updates:
- Matt Hinkin Facebook & Twitter
- Ken Weathers Facebook & Twitter
- Trent Magill Facebook & Twitter
- Shea Sorenson Facebook & Twitter
Cool start with temperatures mainly in the upper 30s/40s. Plenty of sunshine today with highs in the low 70s this afternoon.
Today: Beautiful day with a mix of sun and clouds. High: 71°
- Today is looking picture perfect! It's a cold start but temperatures warm into the low 70s this afternoon. On top of that, we'll see plenty of sunshine throughout the day with mix of sun and clouds this afternoon and evening. Enjoy!
Tonight: Partly cloudy and mild. Low: 48°
- A few clouds overnight with temperatures staying near average for lows this time of year. Clouds increase early Sunday morning.
Tomorrow: Cloudy and mainly dry during the day. High: 68°
- Clouds continue to increase and we'll be dealing with clouds most of the day. We have a slight chance for rain during the day but most stay dry until after sunset. Highs will be slightly below average in the mid-upper 60s.
Monday: Periods of rain, otherwise cloudy. High: 62°
- It will be a wet start to the work week with periods of rain throughout the day on Monday. As a result, we will be Weather AWARE. Expect wet roadways during the morning and afternoon commute.
Tuesday: A few showers and cloudy. High: 66°
- Keep rain gear handy. A few showers are expected with highs in the mid 60s. There's a chance for rain every single day this work week but the good news is that temperatures remain in the 60s for highs with no signs of dropping to near freezing in the next 7 days. The next "good looking" day will be towards the end of the work week with some sunshine on Friday.
- Knoxville gun rights avocates oppose students' demands on gun control
- Students across Knox County call for change on National Walkout Day
- Navigating the Pigeon Forge Rod Run
- Tractor trailer spills load, closes I-75 lanes in Campbell County
- Pet of the Week: Luna
- Alabama man extradited in Blount County man's homicide
- Codestock opens 11th year
- Tennessee House passes bill for monument to unborn
- 7 Tennessee counties to have industrial sites evaluated
- Corker says he 'doubts' Trump will run for re-election in 2020
- Tennessee passes bill to impose work requirements
- WATCH: 7-year-old dragged off Tennessee school bus by his foot
- State lawmakers pass bill to hold students, teachers harmless from TNReady results
- Missing Memphis girl found safe in New Mexico, father to face charges
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
A non-profit called Appalachian Wildlife Foundation is finding a new purpose for an old coal mine in Kentucky. The organization plans to open a huge attraction there in 2020.Read More »