Our April teacher of the month is a second grade teacher at Belle Morris Elementary, Mrs. Cherie Ervin. She received the following nomination from a parent:
1. My child is Autistic and she has helped him come out of his shell, and he is now interacting more with the other children and is needing his resource classes less and less.
2. ALWAYS has fresh ideas for the children and keeps them on their toes.
3. She ALWAYS keeps parents up to date with the new "happenings" in the classroom.
4. She doesn't have favorites, she loves all the children the same and utilizes each one of their special skills to accentuate another child's so that they can work together. 5. Whenever there is a problem, she takes the bad and ALWAYS turns it around for the good.
6. She is the BESTEST ( as my son would say) 2nd grade teacher there is. She is hard working, and doesn't stop until her children ( yes her children) are taken care of. She deserves this honor for ALL her hard work.