Our September teacher of the month is a K-6 art teacher at Halls Elementary and West Haven Elementary, Ms. Tina Garrett. She received the following nomination from a parent:
1. She loves the kids, she loves teaching art. She teaches about 700 kids each week in the two different schools
2. She always goes beyond the call of duty, even doing art projects painting the schools @ no charge saving PTA HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS TO HAVE IT DECORATED. 3. She works with special needs children also.
4. She is always looking for new projects to keep her kids involved.
5. You can give her a string, paper-cup, anything and she can make a project a kid will love!!!!!!!!! Never seen anything like it!!!!!!!!
6. She is a real teacher, not just a past time .......... She sparks the imagination of any child that knows her!
7. She shares her talent freely to design gifts for kids that have little or no means by which to buy.
8. She gladly pays for supplies the kids need beyond her budget.