Our April teacher of the month is Dale Disney, a 9-12 grade music teacher at Claiborne High School.
He was nominated by Billy Johnson, who gave these reasons why Mr. Disney is an outstanding educator:
1. After almost losing our band/music program, Mr. Disney, in his first year, has helped the band program grow from only twelve members to thirty five high school members and approximately seventy-five students counting the feeder schools.
2. Mr. Disney travels in his personal vehicle to feeder schools to conduct class each day, creating and maintaining relationships with the students.
3. Created a percussion ensemble which participated in competitions around the surrounding area.
4. All high school band practices, marching, percussion, and concert, meet and practice after normal school hours. There is not a "band class" offered throughout the normal school day.
5. After staying at school to conduct the various practices, hours after other teachers have left, if a student asks for additional help or assistance, Mr. Disney will work with the student to provide the assistance.
6. Mr. Disney understands the value of being involved in the community by working with the band booster parents to raise funds and music awareness, working within the school system to further the needs of the music program, and working with his peers to organize and conduct music clinics in surrounding areas.
1306 N. Broadway NE Knoxville,
Can’t find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Knoxville, Inc. A Media General Company.