Home destroyed, pets lost in Halls house fire

Home destroyed, pets lost in Halls house fire

Posted:
The fire started around 3 a.m. at 4553 York Road. The fire started around 3 a.m. at 4553 York Road.

HALLS (WATE) - Fire officials are investigating a Sunday morning house fire in Halls involving a family and their pet grooming business.

The fire started around 3 a.m. at 4553 York Road, where Violet Wilson's home doubled as the location of her business, "Violet's Pets & Grooming."

The blaze started in the garage and spread to the home, causing severe damage. 

Dispatchers said everyone living in the home escaped safely, but an undetermined number of pets died in the blaze. 

Rural/Metro said that because the fire was so involved, firefighters were unable to reach the animals. It is not clear how many animals were in the home at the time.

The Red Cross is providing Wilson with food and clothing. She's staying with family.

One of the dogs staying in Wilson's home was in labor when the fire began. Firefighters were able to rescue her and her newborn puppies. A neighbor is caring for the animals.

Thirty animals were safe in another building on the property during the fire.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WATE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.