Remodeling mistake leads to house fire in Knoxville

Remodeling mistake leads to house fire in Knoxville

Posted:
Firefighters say flames broke out in the home on Beaumont Avenue just before 10:30 p.m. Firefighters say flames broke out in the home on Beaumont Avenue just before 10:30 p.m.

KNOXVILLE (WATE) - A home remodeling error resulted in a fire late Thursday in Knoxville.

Firefighters say flames broke out in the home on Beaumont Avenue just before 10:30 p.m. The home was unoccupied at the time.

Investigators found a wall heater in a wall had been covered with sheetrock. When the overnight temperature dropped, the heater turned on. That caused the wall to overheat and catch fire.

Fire crews say damage to the house was minimal. No injuries were reported.

Powered by WorldNow

1306 N. Broadway NE Knoxville,
Tennessee 37917

Telephone: 865.637.NEWS(6397)
Fax: 865.525.4091
Email: newsroom@wate.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Knoxville, Inc. A Media General Company.