Man burns 60% of body in kitchen accident

Man burns 60% of body in kitchen accident



KNOXVILLE (WATE) - A man is in the hospital after suffering severe burns to 60% of his body. 

Firefighters were called to the Broadway Towers Tuesday evening at 6:45. 

They say the man, who's name has not been released, turned on his stove which ignited some nearby paper towels. When he tried to put it out, the flames spread to his clothes and body. 

He was transported to the UT Medical Center for his injuries. His condition is unknown. 

Police say this incident was an accident.
Powered by WorldNow

1306 N. Broadway NE Knoxville,
Tennessee 37917

Telephone: 865.637.NEWS(6397)
Fax: 865.525.4091

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Knoxville, Inc. A Media General Company.