Small fire sparks at site of massive mulch fire

Small fire sparks at site of massive mulch fire

Posted:
Crews work to extinguish the flames. Crews work to extinguish the flames.
The fire was out shortly after firefighters responded. The fire was out shortly after firefighters responded.

KNOXVILLE (WATE) - A small fire sparked Friday morning at Shamrock Organic Products, the site of April's massive mulch fire.

Knoxville Fire Department spokesman D.J. Corcoran said a piece of equipment called a tub grinder,  which grinds wood into mulch chips, overheated and caught fire.

The fire did not spread and was contained to the grinder.

Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire shortly after it started.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WATE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.