Heater sparks house fire in East Knoxville

Heater sparks house fire in East Knoxville

Posted:
Just after 1 p.m. on Friday, Knoxville firefighters responded to a home in the 800 block of Graves Street. Just after 1 p.m. on Friday, Knoxville firefighters responded to a home in the 800 block of Graves Street.

KNOXVILLE (WATE) - A heater is to blame for an East Knoxville fire that damaged an East Knoxville home.

Just after 1 p.m. on Friday, Knoxville firefighters responded to a home in the 800 block of Graves Street.

The crew arrived on scene to find smoke coming from the eaves of the home.

Neighbors reported that an elderly woman might have been in home at the time of the fire. It was later determined that no one was inside.

While firefighters were working, a resident came home and informed fire officials that two people lived at the home, but that neither were home.

An early report suggests that the fire started in the living room as a result of combustible items being placed too close to a heater.

No injuries were reported and the investigation is ongoing.

Arson is not suspected as a cause of the fire.

Powered by WorldNow

1306 N. Broadway NE Knoxville,
Tennessee 37917

Telephone: 865.637.NEWS(6397)
Fax: 865.525.4091
Email: newsroom@wate.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Knoxville, Inc. A Media General Company.