Knoxville muffler shop catches fire

Knoxville muffler shop catches fire

Posted: Updated:
A customer took this image moments after the fire broke out. (Courtesy: Nancy Anderson) A customer took this image moments after the fire broke out. (Courtesy: Nancy Anderson)

KNOXVILLE (WATE) - A Knoxville muffler shop caught fire Thursday morning when an employee using a torch on a car hit a gas line. The employee was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.

A witness reported seeing an explosion, followed by thick black smoke pouring from Mighty Muffler, 3800 Western Ave. shortly before noon.

Firefighters say several small explosions resulted from the fire. Thick smoke made fighting the fire difficult.

All four lanes of Western Avenue were blocked to allow firefighters to lay hoses across the road.

Powered by WorldNow

1306 N. Broadway NE Knoxville,
Tennessee 37917

Telephone: 865.637.NEWS(6397)
Fax: 865.525.4091
Email: newsroom@wate.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Knoxville, Inc. A Media General Company.