Candle sparks North Knoxville house fire

Candle sparks North Knoxville house fire

Posted:
Firefighters were able to rescue the woman. She was transported to a hospital. Firefighters were able to rescue the woman. She was transported to a hospital.

KNOXVILLE (WATE) - Firefighters were called to rescue a woman Wednesday night who was trapped in her home after it caught fire.

The fire broke out around 10:30 p.m. in the 500 block of East Morelia Avenue.

Knoxville Fire Department spokesman Capt. DJ Corcoran says investigators think a candle sparked the blaze.

When the fire got out of hand, the woman immediately called 911 because she was trapped in the basement of the home.

Firefighters were able to rescue the woman. She was transported to a hospital for smoke inhalation.

There was no structural damage to the home.

 

 

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WATE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.