Fire that killed Morristown baby ruled accidental

Fire that killed Morristown baby ruled accidental

Posted:
The fire gutted the home, killing a 10-month-old baby girl. The fire gutted the home, killing a 10-month-old baby girl.

MORRISTOWN (WATE)  - The Morristown Fire Department confirmed the cause of a fire that killed a baby earlier this month was accidental.

Officials say the flames broke out just after midnight on Feb. 3 at a home in the 21-hundred block of Bright's Pike.

Firefighters say the rest of the family got out, but a 10-month-old girl identified as Briana Hidrogo was trapped in her bedroom.

When fire crews got there, flames were 30 feet high.

Crews eventually were able to pull the baby out of her bedroom window, but she did not survive.

Officials say the fire was likely sparked by a faulty space heater cord or flammable materials too close to the heater.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WATE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.