2-year-old dies in house fire

2-year-old dies in house fire

Posted:

SHELBYVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - A 2-year-old girl has died after a blaze broke out at her grandmother's home.

The Shelbyville Times-Gazette (http://bit.ly/13xw41R ) reports the fire was reported late Saturday morning. Shelbyville Fire Chief Ricky McConnell said he thinks the blaze began with an electrical problem and originated in the room where the girl died.

The child's grandmother suffered minor burns, but was able to get out of the house. Her grandfather wasn't injured.

Sgt. Brian Crews of the Shelbyville Police Department said the grandparents were watching the girl while the child's mother worked.

The girl's identity wasn't immediately released.

 

Information from: Shelbyville Times-Gazette, http://www.tg.com

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WATE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.