South Knoxville man forced from home, pet killed in house fire

South Knoxville man forced from home, pet killed in house fire

Posted:
The home in the 5400 block of Magazine Road was fully engulfed in flames when firefighters got there after 6:30 p.m. The home in the 5400 block of Magazine Road was fully engulfed in flames when firefighters got there after 6:30 p.m.

KNOXVILLE (WATE) - A kerosene lamp could be to blame for a fire that destroyed a South Knoxville home Monday night and killed the homeowner's dog.

The home in the 5400 block of Magazine Road was fully engulfed in flames when firefighters got there after 6:30 p.m.

Officials say the man who lives there was at the store when it started. He was reportedly living there without electricity and told firefighters a kerosene lamp may have caused the fire.

Firefighters found the man's dead poodle among the rubble.

The Red Cross helped the homeowner find a place to stay.

Powered by WorldNow

1306 N. Broadway NE Knoxville,
Tennessee 37917

Telephone: 865.637.NEWS(6397)
Fax: 865.525.4091
Email: newsroom@wate.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Knoxville, Inc. A Media General Company.