Electrical problem sparks East Knoxville fire

Electrical problem sparks East Knoxville fire

Posted:
At 10:27 a.m., firefighters responded to 1814 Bethel Avenue for a report of smoke coming from the eaves of the building. At 10:27 a.m., firefighters responded to 1814 Bethel Avenue for a report of smoke coming from the eaves of the building.

KNOXVILLE (WATE) - Knoxville firefighters worked a fire at an East Knoxville townhome Tuesday morning.

At 10:27 a.m., firefighters responded to 1814 Bethel Avenue for a report of smoke coming from the eaves of the building.

Firefighters forced their way into the townhouse-type structure to find a smoldering fire.

No one was inside at the time.

Investigators determined the fire was accidental after finding exposed wiring under an upstairs bathtub, accessible from a water heater closet below, which appeared to be where the fire originated.

No injuries were reported.

Powered by WorldNow

1306 N. Broadway NE Knoxville,
Tennessee 37917

Telephone: 865.637.NEWS(6397)
Fax: 865.525.4091
Email: newsroom@wate.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Knoxville, Inc. A Media General Company.