West Knox house badly damaged in fire

West Knox house badly damaged in fire

Posted:
The fire apparently started around 10:15 a.m. in the chimney of the home at 1353 Davis Lane. The fire apparently started around 10:15 a.m. in the chimney of the home at 1353 Davis Lane.

KNOXVILLE (WATE) - A fire caused heavy damage to a West Knox County home Wednesday morning. Two residents escaped the house unharmed.

Rural/Metro Fire Department Battalion Chief Jonathan Rood says the fire apparently started around 10:15 a.m. in the chimney of the home at 1353 Davis Lane and spread to the attic.

A person was inside the house but asleep. When family member came home and discovered the fire they were able to escape.

Because the fire had been contained to the attic, smoke detectors had not sounded. 

The house was badly damaged by smoke and water.

No injuries were reported. The fire remains under investigation.

Powered by WorldNow

1306 N. Broadway NE Knoxville,
Tennessee 37917

Telephone: 865.637.NEWS(6397)
Fax: 865.525.4091
Email: newsroom@wate.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Knoxville, Inc. A Media General Company.