Stove fire causes Knoxville apartment evacuation

Stove fire causes Knoxville apartment evacuation


KNOXVILLE (WATE) - A stove caught on fire at the Western Height Apartments, causing the Knoxville Fire Department to come to the scene.

It happened just before 10 p.m. on the 1400 block of McSpadden Street.

A group of 10 to 15 people met for food and fellowship when the stove they had been using caught fire.

Everyone evacuated the apartment by the time crews arrived.

Maintenance personnel are evaluating the condition of the stove and electrical wires.

The fire does not appear malicious.

No injuries were reported.

Powered by WorldNow

1306 N. Broadway NE Knoxville,
Tennessee 37917

Telephone: 865.637.NEWS(6397)
Fax: 865.525.4091

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Knoxville, Inc. A Media General Company.