Chattanooga hotel evacuated after workers get sick

Chattanooga hotel evacuated after workers get sick


CHATTANOOGA (AP) - Authorities said Chattanooga firefighters evacuated a Holiday Inn Express in Hixson after two staff members got sick from elevated levels of carbon monoxide.

The fire department said in a news release that firefighters arrived at the scene around 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday after two housekeepers began feeling nauseous and dizzy while in a laundry room in the basement. 1 of the women began vomiting.

Battalion Chief Rick Sewell ordered an evacuation of the entire hotel as a precaution. Firefighters detected elevated levels of carbon monoxide and set up fans to ventilate the building.

The two workers were taken to the hospital, and one was released, but the other was admitted for further observation. Technicians with the Chattanooga Gas Company were working to determine the source of the leak.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by WorldNow

1306 N. Broadway NE Knoxville,
Tennessee 37917

Telephone: 865.637.NEWS(6397)
Fax: 865.525.4091

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Knoxville, Inc. A Media General Company.