South Knoxville house fire blamed on burning fireplace wood

South Knoxville house fire blamed on burning fireplace wood

Posted:

KNOXVILLE (WATE) - A South Knoxville house fire is being blamed on a fire that was left burning in a fireplace.

The Knoxville Fire Department responded around 6:30 p.m. Thursday to the fire on the 2900 block of Scottish Pike.

When firefighters arrived, they found the owner of the home safely outside.  

The homeowner reported he had been burning wood in his fireplace overnight and thought it had burned itself out early this morning.

He later was outside chopping firewood, anticipating cooler weather, when he noticed smoke coming from his home.

Family members living across the street will be giving the man a place to stay.

No injuries are reported.

Powered by WorldNow

1306 N. Broadway NE Knoxville,
Tennessee 37917

Telephone: 865.637.NEWS(6397)
Fax: 865.525.4091
Email: newsroom@wate.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Knoxville, Inc. A Media General Company.