Dryer sparks fire at West Knoxville apartment complex

Dryer sparks fire at West Knoxville apartment complex

Posted:
The fire broke out at the Sutherland Park apartment complex. The fire broke out at the Sutherland Park apartment complex.

KNOXVILLE (WATE) - Knoxville firefighters worked a fire sparked by a dryer at a West Knoxville apartment complex Tuesday.

Residents at the Sutherland Park apartment complex on Sutherland Avenue called 911 after 8 a.m. after smelling smoke in the area.

Upon arrival, firefighters found a clothes dryer in Apartment 638 had caught fire, activating the fire alarm and sprinkler system.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the remaining flames near the base of the appliance and began ventilating the thick smoke from the living area.

No injuries were reported and the tenant was able to take an empty apartment on the premises while the damaged apartment is redone.

Powered by WorldNow

1306 N. Broadway NE Knoxville,
Tennessee 37917

Telephone: 865.637.NEWS(6397)
Fax: 865.525.4091
Email: newsroom@wate.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Knoxville, Inc. A Media General Company.