2 residents taken to the hospital after Knoxville house fire

2 residents taken to the hospital after Knoxville house fire

Posted:
Early Wednesday morning, officers found a man trying to put out a fire at 1720 Massachusetts Avenue with a garden hose. Early Wednesday morning, officers found a man trying to put out a fire at 1720 Massachusetts Avenue with a garden hose.
Two people were taken to the hospital with minor injuries. Two people were taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
Two dogs were also found in the home and were given oxygen. A neighbor volunteered to care for them. Two dogs were also found in the home and were given oxygen. A neighbor volunteered to care for them.

KNOXVILLE (WATE) - Two people were taken to the hospital early Wednesday morning after what officials believe was an electrical fire at a Knoxville home.

Police officers say they were initially called to 1720 Massachusetts Avenue about 2:27 a.m. for a disturbance. A neighbor had called 911 to report a man yelling for help.

When officers arrived, they found a man in his front yard, spraying water from a garden hose onto his burning home.

The man told officers a woman was still inside the home, so the officers immediately called the Knoxville Fire Department.

Fire crews were able to get the woman out. Rural/Metro took both residents to the hospital for smoke inhalation and minor injuries.

Two large dogs were also inside the home. EMS crews gave them oxygen at the scene, and say they appear to be doing fine. A neighbor volunteered to care for the animals.

Fire investigators say the fire was accidental and started in the living room near an electrical outlet.

Powered by WorldNow

1306 N. Broadway NE Knoxville,
Tennessee 37917

Telephone: 865.637.NEWS(6397)
Fax: 865.525.4091
Email: newsroom@wate.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Knoxville, Inc. A Media General Company.