Fire breaks out at Benton's Smoky Mountain Country Hams

Fire breaks out at Benton's Smoky Mountain Country Hams

Posted:
It happened at Benton's Smoky Mountain Country Hams, located on US 411, at 7:30 p.m. (Source: Dan Hall) It happened at Benton's Smoky Mountain Country Hams, located on US 411, at 7:30 p.m. (Source: Dan Hall)

MADISONVILLE (WATE) - A fire broke out at a Monroe County business on Tuesday night.

It happened at Benton's Smoky Mountain Country Hams, located on US 411, at 7:30 p.m.

The smokehouse is known for it's famous bacon.

Three different fire departments helped battle the flames.

The owner, Allen Benton, said he's thankful they managed to contain the fire in the smokehouse.

The business will be shut down for a week while the smokehouse is repaired.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WATE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.