4th of July barbecue leads to fire at Powell home

4th of July barbecue leads to fire at Powell home

Posted:
Officials with Rural Metro say a fire on the 4200 block of Cadillac Drive was caused by the homeowner grilling to close to the house. Officials with Rural Metro say a fire on the 4200 block of Cadillac Drive was caused by the homeowner grilling to close to the house.

KNOXVILLE (WATE) - A Fourth of July barbecue turned disastrous when a house caught fire Thursday night in the Powell community of Knox County.

Rural/Metro fire officials say a homeowner at 4217 Cadillac Drive was grilling too close to the house. The fire then spread to a garage and a living room.

No one was injured in the fire.

Firefighters say they want to remind families to keep their grills away from buildings while grilling.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WATE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.