4th of July barbecue leads to fire at Powell home

4th of July barbecue leads to fire at Powell home

Posted:
Officials with Rural Metro say a fire on the 4200 block of Cadillac Drive was caused by the homeowner grilling to close to the house. Officials with Rural Metro say a fire on the 4200 block of Cadillac Drive was caused by the homeowner grilling to close to the house.

KNOXVILLE (WATE) - A Fourth of July barbecue turned disastrous when a house caught fire Thursday night in the Powell community of Knox County.

Rural/Metro fire officials say a homeowner at 4217 Cadillac Drive was grilling too close to the house. The fire then spread to a garage and a living room.

No one was injured in the fire.

Firefighters say they want to remind families to keep their grills away from buildings while grilling.

Powered by WorldNow

1306 N. Broadway NE Knoxville,
Tennessee 37917

Telephone: 865.637.NEWS(6397)
Fax: 865.525.4091
Email: newsroom@wate.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Knoxville, Inc. A Media General Company.