No one hurt after Knoxville house fire

No one hurt after Knoxville house fire

Posted:
When firefighters arrived, no one was inside the house. When firefighters arrived, no one was inside the house.
"When you're around the holiday season, there's a greater frequency of fires, whether they're fireworks or from people that have had cookouts. We're not exactly sure what started this but we've had an extremely busy week," said Rick Herrell "When you're around the holiday season, there's a greater frequency of fires, whether they're fireworks or from people that have had cookouts. We're not exactly sure what started this but we've had an extremely busy week," said Rick Herrell

KNOXVILLE (WATE) – No one was hurt in a Saturday morning house fire on the 4200-block of Camby Lane in Knoxville.

Neighbors called in a kitchen fire around 7:20 a.m.

When firefighters arrived, no one was inside the house.

Firefighters say most of the damage is to the roof and attic of the house.

"When you're around the holiday season, there's a greater frequency of fires, whether they're fireworks or from people that have had cookouts. We're not exactly sure what started this but we've had an extremely busy week," said Rick Herrell, Battalion Chief with Rural/Metro.

Firefighters think the fire might have started on the deck instead of the kitchen.

Powered by WorldNow

1306 N. Broadway NE Knoxville,
Tennessee 37917

Telephone: 865.637.NEWS(6397)
Fax: 865.525.4091
Email: newsroom@wate.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Knoxville, Inc. A Media General Company.