One displaced, pets killed after fire at Maryville apartment

One displaced, pets killed after fire at Maryville apartment

Posted:

MARYVILLE (WATE) - A fire at a Blount County apartment complex resulted in one person being displaced Friday night.

Authorities say five firefighting units from Maryville Fire Department and Blount County Fire Department responded to Eagle's Nest Apartments on the 300 block of Brown School Road.

Fire officials say the fire started in the kitchen of a duplex.

Two pets -- a dog and a cat -- were killed in the fire, although no one else was injured.

The flames displaced one occupant of the duplex.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WATE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.