Maryville church catches fire

Maryville church catches fire

Posted:
The flames broke out around 7 p.m. at St. John United Methodist Church, 2201 East Broadway Avenue in Maryville. The flames broke out around 7 p.m. at St. John United Methodist Church, 2201 East Broadway Avenue in Maryville.

MARYVILLE (WATE) – A Maryville church caught fire Monday night, forcing the evacuation of Boy Scouts who were meeting inside.

The flames broke out around 7 p.m. at St. John United Methodist Church, 2201 East Broadway Avenue in Maryville.

Firefighters were able to quickly put out the fire.

They say an electrical fan in the back of the building sparked the flames. No one was hurt.

Firefighters said the scouts were safely evacuated and relocated to another area.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WATE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.