KFD warns of kitchen fires after stove sparks blaze in home

KFD warns of kitchen fires after stove sparks blaze in Knoxville home

Posted:
The Knoxville Fire Department responded to a home with the report of a kitchen fire around 9:50 p.m. on the 1600 block of Leconte Road. The Knoxville Fire Department responded to a home with the report of a kitchen fire around 9:50 p.m. on the 1600 block of Leconte Road.

KNOXVILLE (WATE) - Firefighters warn about the dangers of kitchen fires after putting out flames inside a Knoxville home Monday night.

The Knoxville Fire Department responded to a home with the report of a kitchen fire around 9:50 p.m. on the 1600 block of Leconte Road.

When crews arrived, the homeowner told firefighters everyone had safely exited the house.

The resident also informed the fire department she had been cooking, stepped away from the stove for a moment, smelled smoke and returned to a kitchen on fire.

No injuries are reported, and no placement assistance is required for the family.

Captain D.J. Corcoran with KFD wants to remind people that over 50 percent of house fires start in the kitchen.  Corcoran says you should never leave a stove top unattended for any length of time.

This fire comes during National Fire Prevention Week, which kicked off Oct. 6 and runs through Oct. 12. 

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WATE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.