William Blount High School briefly evacuated due to odor

William Blount High School briefly evacuated due to odor

Posted: Updated:
Fire department crews were seen at William Blount High School investigating what was initially believed to be a gas smell. (source: Matt Courson) Fire department crews were seen at William Blount High School investigating what was initially believed to be a gas smell. (source: Matt Courson)

MARYVILLE (WATE) - Students and staff were evacuated as a precaution from William Blount High School near Maryville Monday morning after what was initially believed to be a gas smell was noticed in the building.

The Blount County Fire Department and other agencies responded to the school and discovered the source of the odor was the school's heating unit, which had kicked on for the first time this year.

No gas leak was found and no injuries were reported.

The students and staff were sent outside to wait while the source of the odor was investigated. They were let back inside a short time later.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WATE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.